VISION: Partners in Faith (PIF) communities in the Roanoke Valley gather to learn, exchange ideas and create strategies for healthier congregations.
MISSION: Partners in Faith works with its members in the Roanoke Valley to promote healthy eating and active living within the congregations and communities. We accomplish this through leadership development, collaboration and programming.
Become a member
- Host On-Site Healthy Cooking/Exercise Classes at Your Church
- Adopt A Play Day and get Youth Playing in Your Church Community
- Cultivate Youth Ambassadors For Health
- Connect to an Exciting Network of Lo- cal, Regional and Statewide Peer Learning Opportunities
- Become Certified Through the Partners in Health & Wholeness
- Receive Support for Health and Wellness in Your Church
- Receive Support for Church and Pastoral Leadership
Partners in Health and Wholeness Certification (PHW)
Partners in Health and Wholeness offer a yearly certification program that acknowledges and celebrates congregation’s commitment to health and wholeness. As a certified congregation, awardees will be demonstrating they are the leads in helping their congregation, and communities, strive to increase physical activity; eat more fruits and vegetables; reduce the impact of smoking on ourselves and our neighbors.
To find out how your congregation can become certified click here.
Betty Bianconi and Angie Merritt: THE FOOD PROS "Teaching wellness from the kitchen" offers recipes for cauliflower soup, mac and cheese, holiday collard greens and more!