VISION: Partners in Faith (PIF) communities in the Roanoke Valley gather to learn, exchange ideas and create strategies for healthier congregations.
MISSION: Partners in Faith works with its members in the Roanoke Valley to promote healthy eating and active living within the congregations and communities. We accomplish this through leadership development, collaboration and programming.
Become a member
- Host On-Site Healthy Cooking/Exercise Classes at Your Church
- Adopt A Play Day and get Youth Playing in Your Church Community
- Cultivate Youth Ambassadors For Health
- Connect to an Exciting Network of Lo- cal, Regional and Statewide Peer Learning Opportunities
- Become Certified Through the Partners in Health & Wholeness
- Receive Support for Health and Wellness in Your Church
- Receive Support for Church and Pastoral Leadership
Partners in Health and Wholeness Certification (PHW)
Partners in Health and Wholeness offer a yearly certification program that acknowledges and celebrates congregation’s commitment to health and wholeness. As a certified congregation, awardees will be demonstrating they are the leads in helping their congregation, and communities, strive to increase physical activity; eat more fruits and vegetables; reduce the impact of smoking on ourselves and our neighbors, and engage in other healthy activities that have the potential to add years – abundant years – to our lives. To date, more than 350 congregations, representing more than 70,000 people across the state have participated in our certification program.
Congregations must certify each calendar year and can apply anytime from January 1, 2016 to October 31, 2016. Once completed, your congregation will receive recognition from the Council and may be eligible to apply for a mini-grant (http://www.healthandwholeness.org/phw-mini-grants)
This program is a part of the North Carolina Council of Churches.